About Ron Erwin Photography
Canadians Ron and Lori Erwin have spent the last 30 years travelling across Canada photographing, exploring and observing its landscape, flora and fauna first hand. Images from their extensive database have appeared around the world in books, magazines, calendars and corporate or residential interiors.
Since February 2020 the Erwins have resided and worked in the beautiful Prince Edward County, Ontario (Picton). Previously they were based in the Scarborough Bluffs neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario.
- Our Books are available on Blurb
- Art Gallery Representation at Melt Studio + Gallery
- View Our Credits
About Ron Erwin
After completely losing his sense of humour, Ron left his high tech career to pursue nature photography. He is fascinated by the many qualities of light. His work ranges from traditional landscapes and wildlife to more experimental work including digital composites. After many years of editorial and commercial work, Ron became a full time professor at Seneca's School of Creative Arts and Animation. He retired from Seneca in 2019 to return to photography full time.
Melt Studio + Gallery provides art gallery representation to Ron's work in Prince Edward County and the wider Bay of Quinte Region.
Read Ron Erwin's blog, Exposure: Ron's Ramblings with tips, techniques and creative ideas about photography and digital imaging.
About Lori Erwin
In 2000 Lori left her career implementing library systems to concentrate on Ron Erwin Photography full time. Her organizational abilities, attention to detail, and business skills were a welcome addition. Although she is occasionally behind the camera, her main focus is sales, cataloguing images, and maintaining the website.
Lori is a skilled researcher and an avid birder/naturalist.
If you need help searching our database don't hesitate to contact Lori for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Lori's Log: Lori Erwin's blog of the photographic journeys of Ron Erwin Photography
Applied Arts, Backpacker, Birds & Blooms, Break, Bugle, Canadian Geographic, Canadian Geographic Travel, Canadian Wildlife, Canoeroots, Chicago Tribune, Destinations, Endless Vacation, GRIT, Hemispheres, Lonely Planet Magazine, Men's Journal, Mother Earth News, National Wildlife, Nature Canada, Nature Conservancy, New York Daily News, ON Nature, Ontario Arborist, Ontario Out of Doors, Our Canada, Outdoor Photography Canada, Ranger Rick Jr., Rocky Mountaneer Magazine, Seasons, Sunday Times, The Guardian, The Ottawa Citizen, Toronto Environmental Guide, Wilderness Committee, Wildflower.
Bertelsmann, Calypso Publishing, Capstone Press, Ontario Nature, Gareth Stevens Publishing, Houghton Mifflin, Hugh Lauter Levin, McDougal Littell, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Pearson Education Canada, Penguin Books, Postcard Factory, Seasons, Scholastic Canada, Statistics Canada, W.W. Norton, W.H. Freeman, Viking.
Self-published Books: Canada Through Our Eyes, CANADA - a photographic journey, New Zealand Through Our Eyes.
Audubon, Browntrout, Comda, Firefly Books, 4imprint, Trends International (DateMaker), Workman, Wyman & Son. Sole Photographer: Weingarten/KV&H Verlag 2014 & 2015 Kanada (Canada) calendars, 2005 Canada, Naturally calendar by Tide-Mark Press.
BGM Imaging, Canadian Affair, Canpages, Clark Telecommunications, Ducks Unlimited, GM Canada Technical Centre (Markham Campus), Honda, Jaffa Environmental Education Centre, Kraft Canada, Magnotta, McIntosh Perry, Momentum WW (Toronto), Royal Alberta Museum, Seneca College, Shenandoah National Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium.
- Audubon: (This Winter Marks an Incredible 'Superflight' of Hungry Winter Finches)
- Birds & Blooms: (Bird Mimics and Mimicry: Three Birds to Know)
- BuzzFeed: (13 Ways To Discover European Culture Without Going Overseas), (14 Ontario Towns Bursting With Fall Charm) and (14 Prince Edward Island Experiences To Add To Your Bucket List)
- CanaDream: (Georgian Bay Coastal Route)
- CNBC: (Twitter installing log cabins at headquarters)
- CNET: (Eight horrifyingly huge rodents still on Earth)
- Country Living: (20 Deer-Resistant Plants to Protect Your Garden From Bambi and Friends)
- Global News: (Toronto wages war on Raccoon Nation, but experts say they're here to stay) and (Online petition to save Longueuil deer from planned cull gains steam)
- The Guardian: (Weatherwatch: Canada jays suffer as milder winters defrost their supplies), (Dancing with wolves (nearby): a wild New Year's Eve in Canada) and (How to beat the midges this summer)
- Lancaster University, Library: (Ebook trials: Environmental studies and public health)
- MSN: (Facts to know about Frost)
- National Geographic Travel: (Animals of Canada), (Canadian Badlands) and (Best Summer Trips)
- National Geographic UK: (British Columbia)
- The Times UK: ('Moose Sex Project' aims to promote breeding) and (Lines Written When Sailing in a Boat at Evening By William Wordsworth)
- New York Times: (What Should You Do When the Bear Is Cinnamon?)
- My Recipes: (What the French Voyageurs Ate for Breakfast)
- Scientific American: (The Ecology of the First Thanksgiving)
- sciencechannel.com: (Mantracker)
- NewsTimes: (David Allen Sibley visit)
- NewScientist: (Western Canada's glaciers may all but vanish by 2100)
- Smithsonian Magazine
- The Spruce: (10 Shrubs That Love the Heat)
- ThoughtCo: (What Is Permafrost?)
- Time: (10 Amazing Places to Visit Before They Vanish)
- TripSavvy: (Where to Go in Canada in March), (Cape Breton Travel Guide), (The Top 6 Things to Do in the Yukon, Canada) and (10 Classic Canadian Foods You Have to Try)